Top Social

Saturday, January 6, 2018

One Word New Year's Resolution

Happy New Year, everyone!

The beginning of the year means that it's time for new goals, right? Every year, I try to create a list of New Year's resolutions that I plan to follow. I'm really good about following through with them for the first month few months. I write these resolutions with good intentions, as I'm sure you do as well. But writing them down and actually doing them are two very different things.

There is this one word idea floating around Instagram. I'm not sure where it originated, but the idea of it really resonated with me. Instead of making a list of resolutions, the idea is to choose one word...that's it...one word that represents what you want to work on in the new year. This is what I decided on:



My family is from the Virgin Islands and they grew up on island time, therefore I grew up on island time. (Side Note: Island time means that there is no rush to get anywhere) Time is SO hard for me. Between trying to be a good wife, a pig mom, a teacher, a blogger, a TpT seller, and a doctoral student, time management is really tough sometimes. I want to make time for the important things in life. I want to spend less time on social media and more time on fitness. I want to spend less time grading papers (wouldn't that be nice?) and more time reading books that aren't work or school-related. I want to spend less time dawdling before bedtime and more time sleeping.

I plan on sharing this with my students this upcoming week. We are going to talk about their resolutions, and then each student is going to come up with his/her one word for 2018. We're going to make a classroom chart about what we want to do more of and what we want to do less of. I can't wait to hear what my students come up with! I'll keep you posted!

What's your word for 2018?


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment