Top Social

Friday, December 29, 2017

New Year's Resolutions in the Classroom

It's almost 2018, y'all! The school year is halfway over. I hope that everyone is enjoying their winter breaks. Our last day was December 22 (yes...you read that correctly). But the great thing about getting out so late in December is that we don't have to go back until January 8. Holla!!!

Before school let out for winter break, I asked my team if they had any activities that they use every year for New Year resolutions. They couldn't find the activity that they were looking for, so I took that as a challenge to create something fun for the grade level! When I looked online, I saw a lot of activities that were either too easy for my students or too difficult. My teacher friends said that they like New Year's activities that require students to write their resolution and write about HOW they are going to achieve that goal.

Click any picture below to grab a copy in my Teachers Pay Teachers store.


This activity is leveled so it can be easily differentiated. There are 6 graphic organizers, including 2 blank organizers. Each graphic organizer is different depending on the difficulty/learning level. These can be differentiated across grade levels or in one classroom. 


6 writing templates are included with different headers. Each writing template has 4 different versions with different line widths. Lined handwriting paper is also included! 


This product comes with New Year’s toppers. Students can choose from the 6 different toppers. I'm also going to give students the opportunity to create their own. Some of my students will probably turn the toppers that have glasses into sunglasses by coloring in the lenses black. So fun! I plan on displaying these in the hallway once they're all finished.


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment